Auto Assign Guest Orders To Customer - Magento 2
This extension automatically assigns guest orders to the customer during checkout and customer registration.
- Automatically assigns guest orders to the customer during customer registration
- If a registered user by mistake place an order as a guest then it automatically assigns it to the customer account.
- Sends a follow up email to each guest to create an account on store
|Compatibility (CE & EE)||2.1.x, 2.2.x, 2.3.x|
- Quality Code
- Free Installation
- Lifetime Free Support
- Quick Response
Overview - Automatically Assign Guest Orders to Customer Magento 2 Extension
If you have guest checkout enabled on your website then you may get a lot of queries from a customer about 'where they can see history and progress of their orders?'. But unfortunately, there is no easy way we can tell them to follow except using Magento's default guest order track form (http://magento-store-url/sales/guest/form/).
So here comes the "Auto Assign Guest Orders To Customer" extension! After installation of this extension, we just need to tell customers to sign up on the store with the same email address they used during guest checkout. This extension will automatically assign all his guest orders to his newly created account.
This Magento extension handles two scenarios:
1. If a user placed several orders as a guest and then decides to signup: Extension will assign all his orders and billing & shipping address to his account automatically during signup.
2. If a registered customer by mistake placed an order as a guest: Extension will assign this order to the corresponding customer account automatically.
What happens if the client mistypes the email address or uses a different one?
This extension maps a guest order to customer account by matching customer email with the order but what happens if the customer mistypes the email during guest checkout or even used a different email? That guest order should belong to his existing customer account as well. In that case, we have another extension available which can act as an add-on of this extension. That extension will allow you to manually assign a guest order to the existing customer account or even you can create a new customer account for the guest order.
- During customer registration, it checks if any guest order exists with that email address and if exists then it assigns that to the customer account.
- If a registered user by mistake placed an order as a guest user then it automatically assigns that order to his customer account.
- Allows configuring a follow-up email for guest orders which can ask customers to register.
- Order assignment to the customer account works automatically, no manual work required.
How does it work?
1. If guest order followup email is enabled in the settings, the extension will send a followup email for each guest order(1 hour after the order is placed).
2. When the customer clicks 'Create Account' button from email, he is redirected to the sign-up page with a form pre-filled with his information
3. As soon as the customer chooses his account password and click 'Create Account' button, the extension starts finding guest orders linked with the customer's email address. If orders are found then they will be assigned to the customer. Also, the billing and shipping address from the customer's last order will be assigned to the same.
- [New] Added new admin setting "Store > Configuration > RedChamps > Guest Orders > General > Processing Method". Using this setting, you can choose whether Guest Order should be processed immediately at checkout or later via a cron job
- [New] Added new area "Sales > Guest Orders to Customer> Processed Orders" to list all the orders processed by the extension
- [Improvement] Follow up emails performance
- [Bug Fix] Guest order will now be processed if new customer account is created from admin
- [Improvement] Code improvement
- [Improvement] Guest orders will now be processed even if order is created via API