Custom Order Number - Magento 2
This Magento 2 extension allows customizing order, invoice, shipment, credit memo numbers.
- Uses native Magento 2 logic
- No custom code execution at checkout
- You can even uninstall this extension after configuring the custom number
- Prefix & suffix can be added to order number
- Order number can be started with cusom number
|Compatibility (CE & EE)||2.1.x, 2.2.x, 2.3.x, 2.4.x|
- Quality Code
- Free Installation
- Lifetime Free Support
- Quick Response
Overview - Custom Order Number Magento 2 Extension
This Magento 2 extension will allow customizing numbers of below entities
- Credit memo
The customization can be
- static text prefix to the number: Text can be added before order/invoice/shipment/credit memo numbers
- static text suffix to the number: Text can be added after order/invoice/shipment/credit memo numbers
- The custom starting value of the number: For example, you can set to start numbers from 100 instead of 1
What differentiates this from other available Custom Order ID extensions?
Most of the available extension adds their custom code at the checkout process to change the order number as per the configured format by the merchant. This can lead to below problems
1. It will make the checkout process slow
2. Most of these extensions will not able to calculate order numbers in case of concurrent checkout from multiple users. We have observed this with one of the extension from a popular extension vendor. It was throwing "Unique constraint violation" error on checkout for concurrent orders.
This extension doesn’t add any custom logic during the checkout process to change the order number instead it just allows you to configure the existing Magento system's database records to have a customized number.
The Customer Order number can be configured from this admin path Store - Settings - Increment ID