Product Direct Image Paths - Magento 2
This Magento extension will allow you to use direct/real image paths instead of resized cache paths for product images & swatches.
- The image uploaded at admin will be directly displayed in the storefront instead of getting processed through Magento's resize system.
- It can be useful when you have already optimized images & you don't want Magento to resize/process them.
- It can also be useful to use image types that aren't supported by native Magento. For example, webp, GIF, etc
|Compatibility (CE & EE)||2.2.x, 2.3.x, 2.4.x|
- Quality Code
- Free Installation
- Lifetime Free Support
- Quick Response
Overview - Product Direct Image Paths Magento-2 Extension
You may be aware of the fact that when you upload images for the product(s) or swatch type attributes, Magento resizes them to different sizes & use the path/Urls of these resized images in storefront pages instead of the actual uploaded image. Honestly, it's a very nice functionality because you will have an optimally sized image on the website.
But still, there can be chances when you want the uploaded image to be shown instead of the resized image. The reason(s) can be:
- You have already optimized images & you don't want Magento to resize/process them.
- You want to use image types that aren't supported by native Magento. For example, webp, GIF, etc
The extension comes with very useful configuration options that allow you to choose exactly for which type of images you would like to avoid cache paths & use direct path instead.
For example, you want direct path GIF/webp images only at the position of the product main image. In that case, you can choose "Image Extensions" "GIF" & "webp" & "Image Types" as "Base"
These settings are located at admin path Store - Configuration - RedChamps - Direct Product Image Path