Discontinued Products - Magento 1
This Magento extension allows marking a product as discontinued.
- Discontinued Product's visibility can be decided i.e whether it needs to be accessible via direct URL only or will be shown in category/search pages
- Discontinued Product URL will be removed from sitemap if choosen to be visible via direct URL only
- Discontinued Product will show alternative products either from manually selected products, releated products or from sub catecory products
|Compatibility (CE & EE)||1.6.x, 1.7.x, 1.8.x, 1.9.x, 1.11.x, 1.12.x, 1.13.x, 1.14.x|
- Quality Code
- Free Installation
- Lifetime Free Support
- Quick Response
Avoid deletion of a product directly instead mark it discontinued and show related product options to the customer.
Overview - Discontinued Products Magento-1 Extension
There are plenty of articles on the web explaining the best way to handle unavailable/discontinued products. We took the best approach after studying many such articles and created this extension to incorporate the best process in Magento-1 stores.
How does it work?
- It allows you to manually mark a product as discontinued, by opening a product in admin and clicking 'Discontinue' button or you can configure it to discontinue product automatically at a specific date or when the product goes out of stock.
- As soon as the products get discontinued, it will be removed from all the places on the website except it will work via direct URL.
- The purchase options will be removed from the product.
- The product will show similar/alternative products along with a discontinued message at the top of content which can be edited from admin settings.
- The extension can be configured to automatically trash/delete product permanently after specific days or on a specific date.
How can this extension be beneficial to a store?
The usage of this extension will make sure you will completely use SEO value of the discontinued product URL by showing alternative products to customers.
- List discontinued products at separate grid(RedChamps > Discontinued Products > Product List) so that they can be viewed/managed easily
- Instead of deleting products permanently from store it moves it to trash so that it can be safely restored in case required. The time after which product will be trashed and for how much time it will be kept in trash can be configured in admin settings
- Sends an email notification to admin for scheduled actions 'Discontinuation/Trash/Clean up from Trash' executed on a particular day
- Displays related products as alternative products to discontinued products
The extension settings are located at admin path RedChamps > Discontinued Products > Settings
- [New] Added New tab named "Similar Products" to product edit interface. Using it you can manually choose products which can be shown as Similar products on Discontinued product
Discontinued Product's Visibility. By using this setting discontinued products can be made hidden from both category and search pages
- Bug fix for restoring product via soap api V2
- Moved Discontinued Products Navigation from "RedChamps" menu item to "Catalog" so that using extra space in main menu can be avoided
- Soap API to set a product as discontinued.
- Option to restore discontinued product
- Option to mark products as discontinued in bulk by importing a CSV