SEO and Sitemap Patch - Magento 1
This extension fixes critical SEO issues in Magento and its native sitemap functionality.
|Compatibility (CE & EE)||1.6.x, 1.7.x, 1.8.x, 1.9.x, 1.11.x, 1.12.x, 1.13.x, 1.14.x|
This extension is highly recommended for all Magento stores as these SEO issues are critical and have to be fixed.
Overview - SEO and Sitemap Patch Magento-1 Extension
The native Magento system has some flaws related to SEO. Some of these are:
- It doesn't add canonical URL to CMS pages which can cause duplicate content issues
- It doesn't add 'NOINDEX NOFOLLOW' meta robot tag to search pages
- It adds unnecessary CMS pages link to sitemap like 'Enable Cookies' page
So we decided to create this small extension which fixes these critical SEO issues.
What exactly this Magento extension does?
- It adds canonical tag to all CMS pages
- It adds 'NOINDEX NOFOLLOW' meta robot tag to search pages
- It adds canonical tag 'https://webiste.com' to page 'https://webiste.com/home' i.e website's base URL to home CMS page.
- It replaces home CMS page URL with website's base URL in the sitemap. For example, if home page CMS page is 'https://webiste.com/home' then it will replace it with 'https://webiste.com'