SEO and Sitemap Patch - Magento 2
This extension fixes critical SEO issues in Magento 2 and its native sitemap functionality.
|Compatibility (CE & EE)||2.1.x, 2.2.x, 2.3.x|
This extension is highly recommended for all Magento 2 stores as these SEO issues are critical and have to be fixed.
Overview - SEO and Sitemap Patch Magento-2 Extension
The native Magento system has some flaws related to SEO. Some of these are:
- It doesn't add canonical URL to CMS pages which can cause duplicate content issues
- It doesn't add 'NOINDEX NOFOLLOW' meta robot tag to search pages
- It adds unnecessary CMS pages link to sitemap like 'Enable Cookies' page
So we decided to create this small extension which fixes these critical SEO issues.
What exactly this Magento 2 extension does?
- It adds canonical tag to all CMS pages
- It adds 'NOINDEX NOFOLLOW' meta robot tag to search pages
- It adds canonical tag 'https://webiste.com' to page 'https://webiste.com/home' i.e website's base URL to home CMS page.
- It replaces home CMS page URL with website's base URL in the sitemap. For example, if home page CMS page is 'https://webiste.com/home' then it will replace it with 'https://webiste.com'